- 1 What is Quinoa
- 2 Quinoa Benefits Weight Loss
- 3 Quinoa Benefits for Digestion
- 4 Quinoa Benefits For Hemoglobin
- 5 Quinoa Prevents Cancer
- 6 Mental Health Benefits of Quinoa
- 7 How to cook Quinoa?
- 8 Side Effects of Quinoa
- 9 Some More Healthy Tips For You-
- 9.0.1 Cod Liver Oil Benefits and Side Effects – Cod Liver Oil Capsules
- 9.0.2 Pistachio Benefits and Side Effects – Benefits of Eating Pista Daily
- 9.0.3 Jackfruit Benefits and Side Effects – Benefits of Jackfruit Seeds
- 9.0.4 Dragon Fruit Benefits and Side Effects – Dragon Fruits Juice Benefits
- 9.0.5 Eucalyptus Benefits and Side Effects – Eucalyptus Aromatherapy
- 9.0.6 Nutmeg Benefits and Side Effects – Nutmeg Powder Benefits
- 9.0.7 Papaya Benefits and Side Effects – Papaya Nutrition
What is Quinoa
Quinoa is also called super grain food. Is quinoa gluten-free? Yes, Quinoa is a gluten-free food. Quinoa protein is one of the best sources of protein. Quinoa in Hindi has no name because it is not grown in India and is most likely grown outside the country. Quinoa nutritional value is high and hence is very healthy for humans. Quinoa nutrition facts suggest that it has all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in various other nutrients such as fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants. Hence when you buy quinoa nutrition label is sure to inspire you to have this grain. It is not a cereal grain but a pseudo-cereal. This article will tell us all about quinoa benefits and what is quinoa good for.
Health benefits of quinoa.
Quinoa Benefits Weight Loss
Is quinoa fattening? Not. In fact, quinoa is known for fat burning. One cup of quinoa in a day is recommendable for weight loss. This further answers the question of how much quinoa can I eat daily? Quinoa benefits has high fiber content. Dietary fiber keeps the digestive system running smoothly and hence dietary fiber is one of the most important elements to reduce weight. Since it contains fiber consumption of quinoa makes one feel full for a long time and hence stops the cravings for junk food. Before consumption, it is supposed to be soaked for about an hour. Then the green should be rubbed with fingers, and the water should be discarded. Translate into a strainer and Windsor twice. Consuming this will help you to lose weight.
Quinoa Benefits for Digestion
Digestion is a daily process. Whether you have a good day or a bad day sometimes depends on the digestion. Many people have a lot of restrictions on their food consumption because of the inability to digest a certain food. As mentioned earlier quinoa is rich in dietary fiber. This fiber is in the process of digestion. Consuming these grains will not only help to solve the problem of indigestion but will also make the rare foods get digested faster. It also reduces the risk of constipation. Constipation is a condition which causes hardening of the stool that causes immense pain in the anal region during defecation. People who suffer from digestion recommended consuming quinoa seeds in moderate quantity to get its benefits.
Quinoa Benefits For Hemoglobin
Quinoa is rich in iron. Iron helps to increase the hemoglobin in the blood. Lack of hemoglobin in the blood causes anemia. Animate people have symptoms such as paleness, lack of energy, fatigue, dizziness, etc. People who have less hemoglobin count are also not eligible to donate blood. Donating blood sometimes considered beneficial for health. Since people were anemic, I recommended consuming the super grains to get rid of anemia. When the blood count increases, the body tends to circulate more blood to every part of the body and helps prevents any dysfunction in any organ of the body. This is one of the benefits of eating quinoa.
Quinoa Prevents Cancer
Quinoa benefits is a food grain that helps to prevent cancer. Cancer is a deadly disease that has become one of the most common reasons for death. Cancer starts with tumor and eventually spreads. It is the growth of extra cells in a particular part of the body. Since quinoa contains antioxidants, it helps to prevent the growth of free radicals this, in turn, helps to protect the cells from growing unnaturally. Cancer has no cure however it can be controlled. To be controlled it should be detected in its initial stages preferably in the very first stage, if not it may be fatal. It is said that people who consume quinoa regularly have lesser risks of getting affected by cancer.
Mental Health Benefits of Quinoa
Mental health contains a lot of actors related to the brain and body. Mental health is not only confined to the brain of the mind it is also known to affect the body physically. Quinoa helps to maintain healthy mental health. During the production of energy, magnesium in quinoa helps to improve the production of energy. Depression is a condition in which the person is unable to figure out the exact cause of being upset. It has symptoms such as lack of sleep also called insomnia, tendency to lock oneself in a room, being isolated and pondering over negative thoughts. People who consume quinoa regularly tend to have less tendency of having depression in future.
How to cook Quinoa?
Quinoa salad Recipes
Though quinoa is not grown in India, it is largely adopted by India. Given below is a Quinoa Recipes for Indian Quinoa Salad.
- Mix 1 and a half cups of cooked quinoa
- One bell pepper
- 1-2 carrots grated
- Chopped onions
- A half cup of mint leaves chopped.
- A quarter or half cup of parsley
- One lemon juice
- Six tablespoons of olive oil
- One tablespoon of Raw Honey or maple syrup.
- Half a cup of chopped raisins.
- Some salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above and enjoy your salad.
Before heading to quinoa pulao, let’s know a bit about quinoa vs. rice. Rice has a lot of Carbohydrates where is quinoa carbs the exists is in a way better form than that of rice. Rice does not help in reducing weight have ever been over helping to reduce weight. Rice is not a good source of protein latest Innova is known for its rich protein content. We are all eating rice pulao but here is the recipe for quinoa pulao which is little more healthier than rice pulao.
- Take 2 cups of dry quinoa and wash it well a couple of times. Pour all the water and soak it for 30 minutes in cold water. Strain the water to make it dry.
- Take two tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat it.
- Add one bay leaf, a cinnamon stick, one black cardamom, and two green cardamoms.
- Let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Grind four whole cloves and four black pepper.
- Put half a tablespoon of cumin seeds in the oil.
- Then add the cloves and black pepper.
- Add one finely chopped onion
- Add a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- After half a minute and one tablespoon of garlic and Ginger mixed.
- Add green chilies to taste. Cook till the onions are raddish.
- Add the quinoa and roast it for five minutes.
- Choose some Vegetables of your choice and add it to the quinoa.
- Mix it for some more time, then add a half teaspoon of Garam Masala, one teaspoon of coriander powder, half teaspoon cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Mix it well and add 3 cups of water and lemon juice to taste.
- Allow it to be cooked for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, and enjoy.
Now that you know about the health benefits of quinoa and how to eat quinoa let’s also try to keep ourselves aware of the side-effects of consuming too much quinoa.
Side Effects of Quinoa
We know the benefits of quinoa, too much of anything is bad for health. You know can affect the gut if it is not cooked in the right way. Quinoa aids digestion, but it takes time to digest itself. It can cause diarrhea. Diarrhoea is a condition that leads to frequent defecation. The stool is usually watery during diarrhea and it is also accompanied by a lot of irritation in the stomach or severe stomach ache. For some people, it may also cause allergy. People who are prone to allergy are suggested first to have tested and only then consume quinoa. The allergy symptoms may be shown on the skin in the form of rashes, or it can be any other form. Quinoa benefits if consumed too much can cause thyroid issues. The thyroid is a gland present just below the larynx of the throat which is butterfly shaped. This gland secretes hormones called thyroxine. These hormones play a crucial role in various body processes.
Where to buy quinoa? Quinoa is available in grocery stores. Quinoa calories content is much lesser than rice and hence is widely used as a substitute for rice. Quinoa taste is also appreciated by many and hence is consumed largely in various parts of the world. There is nothing to be afraid of consuming something just because it has side effects. Eat quinoa in moderate quantities and enjoy its benefits.
This article has been written by Payel Roy and Edited by Akanksha Agrawal