- 1 Health Benefits and Side Effects of Probiotics
- 2 Probiotics for Weight Loss
- 3 Probiotic in Improving Mental Health
- 4 Probiotic Helps in Digestion
- 5 Probiotic Enhances Immune System
- 6 Probiotics Benefits for Acne
- 7 Probiotic Controls Cholesterol
- 8 Probiotics Side Effects
- 9 Some More Healthy Tips For You-
- 9.0.1 Quinoa Benefits and Side Effects – Quinoa Calories
- 9.0.2 Cod Liver Oil Benefits and Side Effects – Cod Liver Oil Capsules
- 9.0.3 Pistachio Benefits and Side Effects – Benefits of Eating Pista Daily
- 9.0.4 Dragon Fruit Benefits and Side Effects – Dragon Fruits Juice Benefits
- 9.0.5 Eucalyptus Benefits and Side Effects – Eucalyptus Aromatherapy
- 9.0.6 Nutmeg Benefits and Side Effects – Nutmeg Powder Benefits
- 9.0.7 Papaya Benefits and Side Effects – Papaya Nutrition
Health Benefits and Side Effects of Probiotics
What are probiotics? Probiotics definition as defined by Merriam Webster: a microorganism that when consumed maintains or restores beneficial bacteria to the digestive tract, also a product or preparation that contains such organisms. Dairy Foods or dietary supplements containing life bacteria that replace or add to the beneficial bacteria commonly present in the body is called probiotic. The beneficial bacteria usually helps the body in digestion as well as an improved immunity system. In this article we will learn more about probiotics supplements, probiotic foods, what does a probiotic do for your body. Probiotics benefits can be consumed in the form of supplements or natural food.
Some probiotic foods and probiotics drinks are milk, kefir, Soy milk, cottage cheese, miso soup, kombucha tea, yogurt. This shows that most of the dairy products can be considered as probiotics.
There are various types of probiotics.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus is Bacteria is found in the large and small intestine and is capable of producing natural antibiotics such as Salmonella E.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG: this train has the superior ability to prevent and treat Gastrointestinal diseases in both adults and children. It is also resistant to bile and stomach acid.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: this bacteria represents 90% of the bacteria found in the colon. It is found in both small and large intestine and works effectively against the pathogenic activity. It also produces Vitamin B and metabolizes carbohydrates.
- Bifidobacterium lactis: This bacteria can lower body PH. It produces hydrogen peroxide, and hence it excels at destroying pathogens. This is also resistant to stomach acid and bile. It helps the colon from preventing itself from inflammation and other toxins.
- Bifidobacterium longum: This bacteria prevents the gastrointestinal diseases which are caused due to the accumulation of harmful bacteria in the colon. It provides an excellent immune boost.
- Saccharomyces boulardii: Which bacteria is largely used to treat bacteria that cause diarrhea associated with antibiotic use. It also helps to eliminate harmful yeast.
Probiotics for Weight Loss
Can a probiotic help you lose weight? Probiotics benefits is considered one of the most preferred ways of losing weight. According to a study in Japan, 210 peoples who are fat and overweighted were divided into two groups and used in a probiotic study for weight loss. One group was made to drink only regular milk while the other group were given a probiotic supplement. After three months the group who drank the probiotic supplement had dropped almost 9% in the amount of fat of their body. The probiotics do an amazing job of cleaning up the digestive tract this cleansing helps the body to burn fat easily and effortlessly.
Probiotic in Improving Mental Health
Probiotics benefits can help to prevent and cure anxiety and depression. Depression and anxiety largely depend on your diet what you eat are what happens to your body and hence is what also affects your mental health. The first step is to eliminate all the processed foods including cakes chips and other junk. It is very necessary to eliminate sugar because sugar leads to accumulation of harmful bacteria in the gut. The next step would be to include the probiotic in your diet.
You can take it in the form of probiotic supplements or probiotic foods. Probiotics are known to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression by about 50%. It clears the gut from harmful micro bacteria and hence prevents mental health disorders.
Read More- Benefits of Ashwagandha Leaf Juice
Probiotic Helps in Digestion
Digestion is a process that includes breaking down of food particles and utilizing the nutrients from the food. This process is aided by some helpful bacteria. However, it can be disrupted due to antibiotics, stress and other external factors. To maintain a healthy digestive system, it is important to maintain the healthy microorganisms inside the stomach which aids digestion process.
Probiotic I knew for cleansing the stomach from harmful bacteria as well as other harmful substances. This process of cleansing automatically makes it much easier for the digestive system to function. Consuming probiotic supplements of probiotics foods can help improving digestion.
Probiotic Enhances Immune System
Immunity system helps the body to prevent various bacterial infections and other diseases. It is a kind of inbuilt medication that clears and prevents various infections and health issues. The human immune system develops rapidly in the first two years of life. It begins with a good and healthy digestive system, therefore, to have a healthy immune system it is important to have a good digestive system.
The digestive tract is home to millions of microorganisms which are mostly bacteria. Probiotics benefits are a combination of healthy bacteria that help in the process of digestion this, in turn, strengthens the baby’s natural immune system. Injection probiotic may increase the level of healthy bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract.
Probiotics Benefits for Acne
Skin is something that is required to have a certain glow that Can attract and make one feel confident about herself or himself. It is not just about having a beautiful skin to look good; it is also about maintaining healthy skin to have healthy social interactions. Acne is a skin issue that causes certain spots in the skin and is associated with irritation in the skin with burns. It is very important to replenish your healthy bacteria in the gut to have an acne free skin.
Are probiotics safe to take daily? It is indeed safe to take as to get the probiotics benefits of clearing acne the number of probiotics going into the body has to be consistent. Depends on the individual whether he or she chooses to take probiotic supplements are foods which are the source of probiotics. Probiotics are as beneficial for men as probiotics for women’s health is.
Probiotic Controls Cholesterol
our body contains cholesterol is two types. One is the good cholesterol, and the other is bad cholesterol. In our busy lives, we end up consuming a lot of food which is rich in bad cholesterol. This bad cholesterol then too hard and the walls of the arteries of the heart. Arteriosclerosis is the condition in which the arteries of the heart gets hardened and makes it more prone for the individual to be affected by heart attacks.
Probiotics benefits help the body to get rid of the harmful bacteria in the body and father promotes the good cholesterol production. Thanks to people who are consistent in consuming probiotics, the risk of building heart issues are lesser. After knowing the probiotic tablets and what are the benefits of taking a probiotics. It also knows about a few Side Effects that probiotics may have.
Probiotics Side Effects
The purpose of taking probiotics may be different some take it for general good health Where are some take it for losing weight or some other specific reason. Probiotics can sometimes have some side effects for some people where is it may not affect another person consuming the same probiotics. Certain Side Effects are gas and bloating. Gas occurs when there is an accumulation of gas inside the stomach and floating is the term given to the stomach when it is full of gas and hence swollen.
It may also cause mild diarrhea. They can also be certain skin Side Effects such as rashes for pimples. It may sometimes even effect mode and can also affect the energy levels in the body. However, 90% of the time probiotics do not have side effects. If you have any issue, it is better to consult a physician.
Are Probiotics safe to use? Probiotics may have certain side effects, but it is indeed useful for the body. In our daily lives, we tend to follow a very unhealthy diet and to neutralise the harmful effects, probiotics can play a good role in keeping you healthy.
This article has been written by Payel Roy and Edited by Akanksha Agrawal